Who We Are
Meet Carrie Bonfitto
I was bouncing from doctor to doctor for years trying to get my chronic condition diagnosed. Feeling lost, I decided to take my healthy into my own hands. Wanting to know more about how what I ate impacted me I was drawn first to culinary school, then to get my board-certification in holistic nutrition, and finally to a career change into wellness education.
During this time, I was also a new mom. And even though the doctors kept telling me my exhaustion was normal, I knew something wasn’t right. Because of my new holistic health background, I was able to push for more comprehensive testing and was formally diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Disease, an auto-immune thyroid condition.
Once, I started getting the proper treatment and changed my diet to support my condition, I renewed my standards for what feeling good meant to me. Now, I want help other’s on their wellness journeys.
- Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition®
- Nutrition Consultant Certification, Bauman College
- Culinary Arts Program, New School of Cooking
- Harvard, Infertility & Endocrinology, CME
- Film & Photography, BFA, Ithaca College
- Foundations of Narrative Health Coaching, certificate
- Digestive Mastery, Institute of Nutritional Endocrinology
After years of searching on my own for effective strategies to address my unique diet needs, it was tremendously empowering to work with Carrie on a thoughtful and comprehensive nutrition plan. She gave me the knowledge and confidence to improve my overall sense of well being.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn How it Works!
Is nutrition counseling right for me?
Nutrition counseling is perfect for you if any of the following are true:
- You prefer working one-on-one with a nutritionist
- You have been diagnosed with an autoimmune condition such as, Hashimoto’s, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Grave’s disease or celiac disease
- You have a chronic health condition and you’d like a better way to manage symptoms (high cholesterol, cancer, asthma, IBS, migraines, PMS, or fibromyalgia.)
- You’ve tried everything to get healthy but nothing seems to work
- You struggle with depression or anxiety
- You have back pain, arthritis, or other aches and pains
- You find yourself feeling overly tired and unmotivated
- You want to lose weight and decrease food cravings
- You want better rest, more energy, and better moods
- You have digestive issues such as heartburn, bloating, constipation or diarrhea
- You want to help your child or spouse get healthier through better nutrition
How does nutrition counseling work?
- Before your first appointment, you will complete a health history, nutrition questionnaire, and a 5 day diet journal so I can gain an understanding of your health challenges and goals.
- At your intake appointment, we will discuss how foods affect your health and well-being and why certain foods are important to include in your diet.
- You will receive a personalized eating plan including recipes and suggestions for meals, snacks, and beverages.
- We will work together to develop practical ways for you to implement a real-food approach to eating.
- And if appropriate, I will recommend high quality supplements to rebalance your biochemistry, reduce cravings, or replenish your nutrient reserves.
How much does it cost?
Your first 15 minute consultation is free.
The required 75 minute intake session is $199 and can be remote or in-person.
45 minute follow-up sessions are $99/in-person and $89/remote.
A discounted package of 10 remote follow-up sessions is $799.
Couples sessions are 25% off per person.
Cooking lessons are $150/per hour in-person and $89/per hour for remote lessons.
Do you offer evening or weekend sessions?
Yes. I have a limited number of evening and weekend appointments available. I try my best to work with your schedule. Email me if you are looking for a time that is not available in the automated scheduler.
Will you come to my home?
Depending on your location, I will make in-home visists for cooking lessons and intake sessions. I also see clients in my home office. However, most people prefer remote Zoom sessions in order to maximize there time. Cooking lessons work suprizingly well via Zoom, too.
What foods do I have to give up?
I don't have a one-sized fits all solution. Your nutrition needs are unique to you. I may suggest that you remove certain foods from your diet for a time, so you can evaluate if they change the way you feel. I have clients that have found significant symptom relief and still enjoy their favorite foods.
Sometimes two hearts are better than one when it comes to figuring out the challenges of nourishing yourself and feeling better. Let me help you with simple, practical steps.
Call or Text Me