******Click the class names to register******
***See class descriptions below***
January 23 – February 6 (3 classes). Saturdays, 10am – 11am (PST)
January 25. Monday, 7pm – 9pm (PST)
Healthy Cooking 101 (Vegan)
January 27 – March 3 (6 classes) Wednesdays, 7pm – 9 pm (PST)
February 20. Saturday, 10am – 11am. (PST)
February 27. Saturday, 10am – 12pm (PST)
March 6. Saturday 10am -12pm (PST)
March 15. Monday, 7pm – 9pm (PST)
April 7 – April 21 (3 classes). Wednesdays, 7pm – 8:30pm (PST)
Healthy Cooking 101:
- This semester all recipes will be VEGAN! The root of healthy eating is healthy cooking! In this delicious and informative 6-week series you will learn how to make food choices and prepare meals that will increase your energy, improve your health, and help you maintain your ideal weight.
- Become familiar with the extraordinary health benefits of fresh ingredients as you transform them into flavorful meals that are packed with vitality. We’ll discuss the importance of lean proteins and healthy fats; ways to naturally detoxify your body while you eat; recommendations for sourcing nutrient dense ingredients; and tips to tame your sweet-tooth. Grocery lists will be provided so you can cook along with Carrie.
- Are you uncomfortable cooking or think making meals takes way too long? Then this is the class for you! Learn to increase your fun and efficiency in the kitchen. Produce list will be provided so you can chop along in class.
Fasting for Longevity:
- This 3-week course is designed to help you safely increase fat burning, lose weight, and promote longevity with intermittent fasting. This is not a starvation diet. You will be eating your regular foods daily. You will learn how to shift meal timing and use your body’s natural circadian rhythms to heal your cells, reduce risk of disease, and live longer.
- Soups are healing, hydrating, and healthy! Learn to how simple, quick, and budget friendly it can be to make delicious soups from scratch! You’ll get an ingredients list sent to you before class so you can choose to cook along with Carrie in your kitchen.
Home Made Protein Bars:
- Save money by getting the hang of making your own delicious protein bars at home. Plus you’ll learn how much protein you should be eating everyday for optimal health. You’ll get an ingredients list sent to you before class so you can cook along with the instructor in your kitchen. Participation requires a food processor.
All Carrie Bonfitto’s classes at Los Angeles Valley College and LA City College are open to the community. Enrollment closes 1 day before the start of each class. Register online by clicking the class names at the top of the document.